Dan Gibson is a Tax Partner with nearly 30 years of experience in public accounting, the last 25 of those years with EisnerAmper. Dan works extensively with individuals and small to medium-sized businesses in a wide range of industries, providing accounting, tax and consulting services. His expertise also includes compliance and planning for individuals, corporations and partnerships.
Dan focuses on serving private, closely held businesses ranging from $1M to $100M in gross revenues, in the manufacturing, distribution, real estate and services industries. He strives to ease clients’ tax compliance and planning burden so that they can continue to grow their businesses and achieve their long-term goals.
Prior to his public accounting career, Dan served four years as a Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps. He has lectured, published articles and been interviewed on a variety of topics, including federal and New Jersey tax changes, individual/business tax planning and business strategies.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "We do what has to be done." – General Al Gray, USMC
- Where did you grow up?
- Claymont, Delaware (North of Wilmington)
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- My experience was a very maturing one.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I'm a news junkie, so I love reading, listening and watching current news stories. In addition, I enjoy Bible Study and Catholic Apologetics. I also like to get out and walk, run or bike.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I enjoy dealing with and resolving client "pain" when it comes to tax compliance.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Owners should insist on being the first ones to open statements from the bank.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- I enjoy working with tax authorities regarding resolutions with tax audits and tax collection issues.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- As with law and medicine, it is a license that shows you've reached the pinnacle of the profession.
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Fox News Special Report