Dain A. Mickalites
Dain A. Mickalites is a Partner in the firm. Over his nearly 20 years in public accounting, Dain has gained extensive experience with tax consultation and corporate tax planning. He has been leading the firm's Raleigh office tax practice for several years and is currently the Tax Service Line leader for EAG Triangle LLC. Dain has worked across various industries, including biomedical and pharmaceutical, software and technology development, manufacturing and distribution, retail, and hospitality.
Dain has also served owner-managed businesses, from start-up to eventual exit. His expertise extends to partnership taxation, including formations, partner transfers, and transactions. He is also experienced in leading an inbound tax team that works with clients looking to expand into the U.S. market and advises them on tax structuring and compliance as they transition into the U.S. market.
Prior to joining the firm, Dain was a Partner at Hughes Pittman & Gupton, LLP (HPG), a leading North Carolina-based accounting firm, before EisnerAmper acquired it. Before this, he was as a Tax Manager at a leading global accounting firm.
- Tax Consultation
- Corporate Tax
- Inbound Tax (U.S. market expansion)
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Owner-Managed Businesses
Biomedical & Pharmaceutical
- Software & Technology Development
Credentials & Education
- University of Tennessee: BA, History
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: MS, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Association of CPAs
- Former Safechild NC, Board Member and Treasurer
- Former Franciscan School H.S.A., Treasurer and Board Member