Candice Meth is the National Leader for the firm’s Not-for-Profit Services Practice. Her experience includes the structure and oversight of the audits of the financial statements and employee benefit plans of independent schools, private foundations, religious organizations, social service agencies, and other types of not-for-profit entities. Candice also has expertise with the preparation of the federal Form 990 and the testing and reporting processes required by various federal and state regulatory bodies. Additionally, she leads the EisnerAmper Not-for-Profit Webinar Series, which are programs designed to assist nonprofit executives with the challenges they face in today’s marketplace.
Candice is a frequent speaker on not-for-profit topics, presenting to a range of organizations including the National Association of Attorneys General, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the Practicing Law Institute, the Nexus Global Youth Summit, and the Better Business Bureau. She has also participated in several industry update webinars for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Candice is the Chair of the National Governmental and Not-for-Profit Training Conference of the AICPA where she serves as a speaker and a member of the Conference Planning Committee. She is also the former Chair of the Public Sector Oversight Committee of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) and the former Chairperson of the NYSSCPA’s Not-for-Profit Organizations Committee and its annual not-for-profit conference. Most recently, Crain’s New York Business named Candice as one of the Notable Women in Accounting and Consulting for 2018.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "The difference between a successful person and others is not lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." – Vince Lombardi
- Where did you grow up?
- Rockland County, NY
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- During college I was surrounded by the best and the brightest who challenged me every day, and shaped me into the person I am today.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Playing golf or tennis.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I am fortunate to work with clients who are involved in the charitable sector, helping the sick, the less fortunate, etc. I am constantly inspired by the work that they do, and I am thrilled that we can assist these organizations.
- What is your favorite TV show?
- House of Cards