- Managing Director, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
Alan Wink, Managing Director – Capital Markets, assists clients with capital budgeting, capital structuring and capital sourcing. Alan has 20 years of financial and consulting experience, having served as Director of the Interfunctional Management Consulting Program at Rutgers Graduate School of Management, a program he helped build into one of the largest business school-based management consulting practices in the country. He started his career in accounting, spending six years on the audit staff of a Big 4 accounting firm and a Fortune 500 Company. Alan left the accounting field to expand his horizons in the area of Corporate Finance.
Alan spent several years as Director of Financial Analysis for AmBase Corporation (NYSE), where he led approximately $2 billion of corporate acquisition activity. He is also a past Vice President of Capricorn Management, a $100 million private equity fund specializing in restructuring and turnaround opportunities.
In addition, Alan is a leader in the firm’s Technology Group, providing a variety of industry-specific services to technology and life sciences firms, including business and strategic planning, marketing and competitive analyses, financing assistance, and operational and financial benchmarking. He has worked with many early stage and emerging growth companies on developing the appropriate capital structure for their position in the business life cycle. He maintains an active contact base with angel investors, venture capital funds and private equity funds. Alan also understands the level of returns private investors are trying to realize and devises strategies that allow both entrepreneurs and their investors to achieve desired return thresholds.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
- Where did you grow up?
- Irvington, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Rutgers in the 1976 Final Four
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Spending time with friends and family at the lake house at The Chapin Estate.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Helping clients to achieve success with their businesses.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Raising capital or providing advice on exit strategies.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Point guard for the NY Knicks or venture capitalist
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Presently, it is Silicon Valley.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- I have been on the Board of the Rutgers Preparatory School since 2004 and I am presently Chairman of the Finance Committee. Both of my children attended high school at RPS and had fantastic experiences there.