Karen L. Goldberg
Karen Goldberg is the Principal-in-Charge of the firm’s Trust and Estate practice, which is part of the Personal Wealth Advisors Group. For more than 30 years, she has specialized in estate planning for closely held business owners, senior corporate executives and other high net worth individuals. Karen’s expertise includes U.S. gift and estate taxation (as also applied to non-U.S. citizens) and income taxation of trusts and estates.
Karen also manages a sophisticated tax compliance practice that includes the preparation of U.S. gift, estate and trust and estate income tax returns, and implementation of tax minimization strategies.
Karen is a frequent lecturer on trust and estate topics at professional conferences, including those sponsored by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, local CPA societies and the United Jewish Appeal. Most recently, Crain’s New York Business named Karen as one of the Notable Women in Accounting and Consulting for 2020. She is also a past president of the Estate Planning Council of New York City.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Your reputation is everything.
- Where did you grow up?
- Needham, Massachusetts
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Exploring New York City, exercising, traveling, going to the theater, going to the beach.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Working through complex issues and assisting clients with achieving their goals and objectives.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Assisting clients with structuring their estate plan and other trust and estate matters.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- American Cancer Society, because it is an important cause.