Cannabis & Hemp
With the signing of the 2018 Farm Bill, EisnerAmper anticipates a rapid expansion of the hemp industry at the federal and state levels. Estimates are that hemp is a $700 million business currently and could expand to as much as $20 billion. Meanwhile, in other countries such as Canada, the broader cannabis industry is expanding rapidly and EisnerAmper is assisting companies and investors.
|“The 2018 Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 (a.k.a Farm Bill) has removed industrial hemp
(Cannabis sativa L.) from the federal Controlled Substances list).”
New and established cannabis and hemp companies will require professional accounting and advisory services. EisnerAmper’s unique credentials include:
- Our team’s “real world” industry experience sets EisnerAmper apart from most accounting firms. Serving the entire supply chain means that we are able to efficiently and effectively anticipate and meet your needs.
- For the hemp and non-U.S. (Canada) cannabis companies, we provide a full range of assurance, tax, and advisory services. Decades of experience have given our professionals the skills to handle all aspects of your business from design to termination. Be assured that, as your needs evolve, EisnerAmper will have the resources to support you.
- Proactive insight on regulatory changes. Our active involvement in the international cannabis industry and our commitment to sharing regulatory alerts will help us prepare you to adapt to changes before they are required.
- Compliance protection. We understand the importance of compliance with the IRS, state, and local governments. Our compliance services will satisfy your annual reporting requirements, and our people can get your business back on track.
- Approachable customer service. We are committed to consistent communications before, during, and after the completion of fieldwork. The presence of our experienced partners in every office ensures that any conflicts are resolved seamlessly, in a timely manner. Our process avoids burdening clients with unnecessary questions and requests.
EisnerAmper is thoroughly knowledgeable in all matters of the Cole Memo, IRC 280E and recent Tax Court cases, FinCen guidelines, and is deeply connected to ancillary professionals within the industry.
With years of experience in accounting, tax, forensics, and consulting, we efficiently consolidate business processes to minimize compliance burdens and allow you to run your business.
EisnerAmper Services Offered