EHR Self-Attestation Using SAFER Guides
Hospitals are now required to attest to the SAFER Guides. EisnerAmper’s team works with health systems to turn attestation compliance into a patient safety advantage.
Starting in 2022, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires all hospitals to complete an annual attestation that they have assessed their compliance with the checklist of 165 recommended practices in the SAFER (Safety Assurance Factors for EHR Resilience) Guides. The final rule includes the self-attestation of the SAFER Guides measures under the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program, which covers certain meaningful use measures with downward payment adjustments.
To simplify the attestation process for our clients, we leverage EisnerAmper’s SAFER Guides Knowledge Platform, an automated solution that captures recommended practices implementation status and identifies leading practice controls that promote the safe use of EHRs. This platform supports automated workflows to assess, document, and demonstrate an organization’s compliance with the SAFER Guide’s recommended practices.
Leveraging our experienced team and automated platform enables your organization to stay both compliant and productive, while most importantly, creating a safer digital provider/patient care experience.
SAFER Guides Knowledge Platform Features
- Access to Library of Leading Practice Controls
- Automated Workflows to Assess, Document and Demonstrate Compliance
- Easily Track Assessment Status and Safety Practice Implementation
- Find Clarity with Scorecards and Automated Reporting
- Leverage Heatmaps and Visual Reports to Benchmark Your Performance
- Offload the burden of assessment coordination
- Leverage a cross-disciplinary team of professionals
- Gain access to leading practice controls
- Ensure a comprehensive assessment
- Automate the process with the EisnerAmper SAFER Guides Knowledge Platform
- Build a blueprint for future attestations
EisnerAmper has an experienced SAFER Guides assessment team comprised of professionals with backgrounds and expertise in clinical, operational, IT, and patient safety disciplines. Using an innovative approach to assessment and remediation, we leverage our library of leading practice controls to ensure your organization is following best practices for EHR safety. Our team helps hospitals and providers tackle challenges, remain compliant, and benefit from this patient safety advantage.
Explore More Insights
Top 5 Daily Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) Medical Practices Should Monitor to Improve Financial PerformanceRead More