- Partner, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
Timothy Speiss is a Tax Partner in the Personal Wealth Advisors Group (PWA), he chairs the firm’s Asia Practice and is a member of the firm’s community service group, EisnerAmper Cares. Formerly, Tim served as the Partner-in-Charge of the PWA group. He has more than 30 years of experience in providing comprehensive tax planning and related investment, compensation, and financial planning services to senior executives and board members of Fortune 100 publicly held companies, Forbes 400 families, and privately held businesses and owners including celebrities and owners of professional sports teams.
Prior to joining EisnerAmper, he was a Partner with a Big 4 accounting firm and served as Partner-in-Charge of their New York Metro and Northeast Area Private Client Advisory Practice.
Tim is a frequent speaker and author on topics of tax and financial planning, executive compensation, charitable giving, and related matters. He has lectured in various university graduate programs and regularly provides commentary on tax, investment and legislative matters to television, radio, and print media, including CNBC, Bloomberg and Forbes. Most recently, Tim was quoted in The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) on President Biden's capital gains tax proposals.
Tim serves on the boards of, and regularly advises, numerous charitable and educational organizations and capital campaign initiatives.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- A continuing resolution to be successful is more important than any single endeavor.
- Where did you grow up?
- Northern Virginia/Washington D.C.
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Seeking new opportunities, meeting diverse people, experiencing challenges.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Family, volunteer activities, exercise, art and cultural experiences
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Assisting clients to clearly define the issue they are encountering, and design a sequential plan to solve the issue in collaboration with others involved.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Educational institutions. An education allows global citizens to have equal opportunities.