- Individual Taxation & Planning
- Estate & Trust Taxation & Planning
- Philanthropy & Charitable Giving
- Investment Advisory Services
- Advising Closely Held Businesses & Shareholders
- Advising Public Company Board Members & Executives
- Family Office Services
- International Wealth Advisory Services
- Athletes & Entertainers
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Widener University: BS, Business; MS, Taxation
- United States Foreign Policy Association
- Widener University School of Business: Advisory Board Chair
- Timothy Speiss Endowed Fund For the Promotion of United Nations Responsible Global Business Principles at Widener University: Founder
- Harlem Academy: Trustee, Finance & Development Committees
- Abingdon Theatre Company: Board Chair (Manhattan)
- Alliance for Lupus Research: Corporate Development Committee
- Bishop McDevitt High School: President’s Advisory Board Chair
Timothy Speiss is Co-Leader of the firm’s Personal Wealth Advisors Group. He chairs the firm’s Asia Practice and is a member of the firm’s community service group, EisnerAmper Cares. Tim has more than 30 years of experience in providing comprehensive tax planning and related investment, compensation, and financial planning services to senior executives and board members of Fortune 100 publicly held companies, Forbes 400 families, and privately held businesses and owners including celebrities and owners of professional sports teams.
Prior to joining EisnerAmper, he was a partner with a Big 4 accounting firm and served as Partner-in-Charge of their New York Metro and Northeast Area Private Client Advisory Practice.
Tim is a frequent speaker and author on topics of tax and financial planning, executive compensation, charitable giving, and related matters. He has lectured in various university graduate programs and regularly provides commentary on tax, investment and legislative matters to television, radio, and print media, including CNBC, Bloomberg and Forbes.
Tim serves on the boards of, and regularly advises, numerous charitable and educational organizations and capital campaign initiatives.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- A continuing resolution to be successful is more important than any single endeavor.
- Where did you grow up?
- Northern Virginia/Washington D.C.
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Seeking new opportunities, meeting diverse people, experiencing challenges.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Family, volunteer activities, exercise, art and cultural experiences
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Assisting clients to clearly define the issue they are encountering, and design a sequential plan to solve the issue in collaboration with others involved.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Educational institutions. An education allows global citizens to have equal opportunities.