Stephen J. Mazzotti
Stephen Mazzotti is a Partner in the Financial Services Group and Co-Leader of New York Audit and Assurance practice. He has more than 25 years of audit, management, and operational experience. Stephen’s diverse experience includes serving both SEC and private companies in various industries such as financial services, software, retail, media and entertainment, and advertising.
Stephen’s expertise also includes providing audit and business advisory services to private equity funds, hedge funds, funds of funds, broker dealers, investment managers and advisors, and other financial service entities. Additionally, he has worked on registration statements (for SEC companies), including secondary public offerings.
As an active member of New York State Society of Certified Public Accountant, Stephen served as Chair on the Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee. He is the Treasurer and Director of EisnerAmper Cares, the firm’s community volunteer organization aimed at serving those in need through donations and employees’ time and skills to charitable, civic, and environmental projects.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- That which does not kill me, only makes me stronger. Winning is not everything, it's the only thing.
- Where did you grow up?
- Brooklyn, NY
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- A place to discover oneself and sharpen your skill sets in order to execute your plans to succeed.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Spending time with my family and playing/watching sports.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Exceeding client expectations and solving client problems.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- My first car, because it represented freedom and a sense of pride since I purchased it with the money I earned while working after school.