- Income & Franchise Taxes
- Sales & Use Taxes
- State & Local Audit Defense
- State & Local Practice & Procedures
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania: BS, Communications
- University of New Hampshire School of Law: JD
- Temple University School of Law: Master’s degree, Taxation
- Pennsylvania Bar Association: Tax Section
- Philadelphia Bar Association: Tax Section
- Tax Executives Institute: Philadelphia Chapter Advisor
Seth Komitzky is a Director in the firm’s State and Local Tax Group. With over 15 years of experience, his expertise focuses on state and local income and franchise taxation, sales and use tax, practice and procedures. He has significant experience serving clients in the manufacturing, chemical, software, information technology and financial services industries.
Seth’s specific areas of service involve income and franchise multistate tax planning; state audit defense for income, franchise, sales and use taxes; state and local tax refunds; and ruling requests. In addition, he has expertise in due diligence reviews, financial statement tax provision reviews, nexus reviews and exposure remediation/voluntary disclosure and amnesty agreements.
Prior to joining the firm, Seth was a Director specializing in state and local taxation with KPMG and, before that, a state and local tax Manager with Ernst & Young. He was also a Senior Consultant with DuPont where he focused his work on state income and franchise tax audit defense and state tax planning.