- Tax Planning
- State & Local Tax
- International Tax
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Upsala College: BA, Accounting
- Columbia University Executive Management Program
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants: Taxation Resource Committee
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan Association
- National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives
- New Jersey Supreme Court Disciplinary Oversight Committee: Public Member
- Brain Injury Association of New Jersey
- Cancer Care, Inc. of New Jersey
Richard Sackin is a Tax Partner with over 30 years of experience in the fields of accounting and taxation.
Rich has many years of experience handling tax structuring and due diligence for mergers and acquisitions of U.S. corporations both privately and publicly owned, and for foreign corporations. A member of the National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives for more than 20 years, he also has significant expertise in tax matters for cooperatives, including patronage allocation rules and Subchapter T, Form 1120-C.
Rich co-authored Prentice Hall's New Jersey Tax Handbook and has spoken before the World Trade Institute in New York on international tax matters. Prior to joining EisnerAmper, Rich was a Partner and Director of the Tax Department of the New Jersey office of Ernst & Young.
What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
Where did you grow up?
Describe your college experience in one sentence.
Allowed me to start developing leadership skills.
How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
What are you most passionate about with your work?
Developing solutions for clients and colleagues.
What piece of advice do you often give clients?
How to structure international operations.
Why did you become a CPA?
Because it was more people-focused than being an economist.
I love when clients ask me about …
Any business problem, because it offers me a chance to be creative.
If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
What is the most played song on your iPod?
New York, New York
What is your favorite TV show?
What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
What was your favorite car that you owned?
Mercedes E350 - handles like it belongs on the autobahn.