- Qualified Retirement Plan Design
- Control Group Testing
- Qualified Separate Lines of Business Testing
- Welfare Plan Compliance Testing
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Enrolled Retirement Plan Agent (ERPA)
- Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA)
- Long Island University, Brooklyn: BS, Business Management
- American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries
- Baruch College: Continuing & Professional Studies Adjunct Professor
Rafael Fernandez is a Senior Manager in the Employee Benefits Group. He is the Chief Operations Manager for the administrative and compliance services for qualified retirement plans. In this role, he establishes and implements best practices to help clients operate their plans efficiently while still meeting the many governing requirements. With more than 25 years of experience, Rafael provides out-of-the-box ideas to create retirement plans that meet the objectives of clients and the needs of their employees.
Prior to joining the firm, Rafael was a Senior Manager in the Compensation and Benefits Tax Practice of a Big Four accounting firm. He assisted national and international companies with developing benefit strategies that coincided with their overall compensation and benefits objectives. In addition, he assisted clients with meeting the many non-discrimination tests for employee benefit plans during corporate restructuring.
Rafael is a retired Major from the U.S. Army Reserve, with 21 years as a logistics officer. As a Quartermaster Officer, he was a commander of a general supply company which participated in various training maneuvers with U.S. and foreign countries. As a Transportation Officer, he participated in the deployment of Army divisions and corps units to major operations, including Desert Storm and Desert Shield