Michael Morris is a Director of Business Development, specializing in accounting, tax, and consulting services across a broad range of industries including financial services, real estate, technology, and family offices.
Mike is a seasoned executive with more than 30 years of experience in investment and development strategies, markets and competitive trends analysis and planning, acquisition, divestiture and joint venture analysis and planning; domestic and international business negotiations; management leadership and mentoring; and relationship management and team building.
Prior to joining the firm, Mike served in leadership positions for a number of private equity and investment bank entities, as well as helping FedEx build its platform for 22 years. In addition, Mike co-founded Balboa Funds, a private equity real estate investment group.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- To be of service to others.
- Where did you grow up?
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- I loved my fraternity life, at least what I can remember!
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I'm a mountain trail runner – I run with about ten guys once a week – and I do power yoga. I have three fantastic kids and a great wife who I'm with when I'm not working.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Trying to help others.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- I try to strategize with clients to help improve their business model.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- I'm very good at looking at business plans and partnerships, and dissecting the relational parts, identifying what's working and what's not.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- Raising money or getting introduced to strategic partners, because that's what I do!
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
- What is your favorite TV show?
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Glide Memorial Church, because every year, they feed tens of thousands of homeless people that live in San Francisco.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- In 1986, I purchased a new BMW 325 ES two-door, stick, charcoal grey with burgundy leather racing seats. That's all I need to say!