Michael A. Aversa
- Partner, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
Michael Aversa is the Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s Private Business Services Group and has more than 35 years of experience in both the private and public sectors. His expertise encompasses all aspects of accounting, auditing, reviews, tax and business consulting.
Mike works extensively with companies in the manufacturing and distribution industry, and has a firm understanding of the accounting and tax areas important to them, including inventory and internal controls, pricing and costing issues. He helps many clients increase efficiency and provides valuable guidance with their major business decisions. In addition, Mike has dealt with various complex capital structures.
Prior to joining the firm, Mike spent nine years with an international accounting firm and served as Vice President of Finance in a privately held company. This experience gave him first-hand knowledge of the issues concerning closely held entities in the manufacturing and distribution field.
Mike is active in many civic and professional organizations, speaking before such groups on financial- and accounting-related topics.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Stay current technically, and don't be afraid to work hard.
- Where did you grow up?
- Bayonne, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Boring. I was a commuter, as I needed to work during college.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Enjoying my grandson, hunting and working on my farm.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- Issues where they are looking to come up with a practical solution for them.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- I would own an archery shop.