Matthew Shmanske is a Partner in the Private Business Services Group. With nearly 35 years of experience, he works with a varied client base. providing comprehensive accounting and tax services.
Matt’s expertise includes reviewed and compiled financial statements, budget and cash flow analysis, and management advisory services in the areas of computer support and expense/cost analysis. He also provides tax planning and the preparation of tax returns, including complex multistate returns. In addition, he has had extensive dealings with the Internal Revenue Service and various state and local jurisdictions. Prior to joining the firm, Matthew was a Partner in a large local CPA firm.
Matt is on the board of the Private Business Services College for EisnerAmper University. He is deeply involved in staff training, primarily in the areas of computer software and taxes, and has presented extensively at continuing professional education seminars on these topics.
- Where did you grow up?
- Livingston, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Tremendous, but with long lines.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Family events, working around the house and yard.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Helping clients define and reach their goals.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Don't be greedy.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Forecasting results with different options.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- Accounting came to me very easy. Tax planning is very satisfying.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- Anything before they do it, because it lets us plan properly.