- Family Office Services
- Outsourced CFO Services
- Real Estate Consulting
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Brooklyn College: Bachelor’s degree, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- JCC of Rockland County: Board Member
Joel Zbar is a Partner specializing in providing outsourced CFO and family office services to clients, including managing the entire accounting department, cash management and monthly reporting. Joel is the Co-Leader of the Family Office Services Group. He has extensive hands-on experience, having served as a CFO for both a public and private company for more than 25 years prior to joining the firm.
Joel formerly served as a financial officer of a Real Estate Investment Trust with a portfolio of more than 200 properties and tenants that included department stores, pharmacies and manufacturers. His responsibilities included overseeing all the accounting and financial aspects of the Real Estate Investment Trust, the principal management company and approximately 150 individual partnerships.
Joel was the chief financial and operating officer of a real estate company with residential, industrial, commercial, and office properties. His responsibilities, in addition to overseeing all of the accounting, tax and financial reporting functions, included cash management as well as being the principal liaison with all banks and lenders of the company. In this position, Joel also handled the shareholders'/owners’ personal finances, including tax projections, cash flow projections and consolidated financial statements for the various real estate holdings.
- Where did you grow up?
- Brooklyn, NY
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- It helped prepare me for becoming a CPA while spending time with my friends.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Exercising as much as possible and socializing with friends and family.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Making sure that my clients are happy with the services that we provide to them.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Gym teacher