M. Jay Lindenberg
- Director, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
Jay Lindenberg is a Director with a long history and career in bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring. Jay has spent the last 25 years actively involved in all aspects of forensic accounting engagements, including bankruptcy, fraud, insolvency and tax matters. His depth of extensive experience in advising financially troubled companies has included representing debtors, unsecured creditors, secured creditors, and trustees in federal and state court proceedings. He has experience in forensic accounting and has investigated and uncovered defalcations.
Jay has been involved in complex bankruptcy cases involving fraud, damages, and assisting with the recoveries of assets. During his career, he has been personally involved with more than 500 cases. Jay has testified as an expert witness in bankruptcy and state court. He has assisted numerous debtors to emerge from bankruptcy, has assisted trustees with the administration of cases, and has consulted with and advised clients involved in avoidance actions.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." - John F. Kennedy
- Where did you grow up?
- Great Neck, NY
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- College was an experience of taking on responsibilities, getting an education and having some fun, all at the same time.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I like spending time with my family, enjoying the outdoors including bike riding and skiing, staying healthy and going to the gym.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I enjoy the "win," from pitching a case, resolving a dispute or being on the winning side of a litigation.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I enjoy working with numbers. During my senior year in high school I took "Fundamental Accounting." The class was extremely enjoyable; I did well and it ultimately led to my path of becoming a CPA.
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- 1982 Toyota Celica GTS. It was a beautiful sports car that got stolen in 3 days after I moved back to New York. I never said goodbye.