- May 13, 2021
The 2021 TiE50 Showcase award winners were recently announced, and we offer our congratulations to those recognized. We had the opportunity to speak with these deserving entrepreneurs, and asked them to share their personal mottos. The result is an inspiring list of words, phrases, and conversations that have helped propel each entrepreneur forward on their journey.
We’d like to share some of these mottos in the hope that they also inspire you as well.. Whichever stage your business is in, conversations can help launch, fund, and grow your startup—and help shine light on your next step.
Launching your startup? Conversations can inspire.
- Being an entrepreneur isn’t easy; if it was, everyone would do it.
- Do the hard things first.
- Have we identified a problem a customer wants solved?
- Dare to dream and try to achieve.
- No half-hearted actions. If you identify an opportunity and are really excited by it, throw yourself into it with everything you’ve got. Follow your passion, then leave the world a better place from your journey.
Looking for funding? Conversations can help you persevere.
- Life isn’t about how hard you can hit, but about how hard you can get hit—and keep moving forward.
- Do one thing every day that scares you.
- Challenge your assumptions. And let data be your guide!
- You only fail when you stop trying.
- Fail fast. Learn faster. Never give up. Resilience and agility is paramount.
Growing your business? Conversations can propel you forward.
- When the winds of change blow, build a windmill. Disruption can be a gift.
- Have “F.U.N.” Focus Upon Next; as long as you still have fight in you, you're still in the game.
- Aim for nothing short of the stars; but only worry about the next rock to move. Have a long-term vision, have big goals, yet only focus on the next step.
- Come ready to play, engage, learn, contribute, coordinate, collaborate, share, and give back.
- Relationships are key to success. If you surround yourself with the right people—co-founders, top management, advisors and friends—then there is no stopping you. Be very clear about your vision and the team you need to achieve it.
And remember to celebrate along the way!
- Always enjoy what you're doing.
- Enjoy the journey.
- The journey is the destination.
As an entrepreneur, know you’re supported and have access to the resources you need to stay the course. EisnerAmper’s Entrepreneur Academy “EA2” offers early-stage startups continuous learning opportunities—from fundraising to mitigating risk to growing your businesses.
Launching, funding, and growing your startup can be challenging at times—conversations can bring solutions to light. How do your conversations shape your journey? Join the conversation via #ConversationsCan or read more about how conversations can influence our next steps and connect us to the world around us.
If you have any questions, we'd like to hear from you.
Explore More Insights
It's Not You, It's Your Software | Embracing the Future as a Digital CFORead More
Proposed Regulations for Determining Proceeds, Basis, and Reporting Requirements for Digital AssetsRead More
Receive the latest business insights, analysis, and perspectives from EisnerAmper professionals.