- Real Estate
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP)
- Construction Industry Technician (CIT)
- Construction Document Specialist (CDS)
- American University: BBA, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Urban Land Institute
- General Building Contractors Association
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Homebuilders Association of Bucks & Montgomery Counties: Board Member
- Philadelphia Real Estate Council: Board Member
Gary Master is an Advisor in the Real Estate and Construction Services Group and has nearly 35 years of experience. Due to his extensive knowledge of the industry, Gary has earned an excellent reputation as a specialist who supports contractors, builders, and developers in maximizing their profitability.
Gary has also provided expert reports on a number of construction litigation matters. He also has experience with closely held, middle-market companies in the wholesale distribution and manufacturing industries.
Gary has presented on construction and real estate topics to various professional groups.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Treat each customer as you would your best friend. My Dad always said that.
- Where did you grow up?
- Huntingdon Valley, PA (a suburb of Philadelphia)
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- American University gave me an opportunity to experience our nation's capital.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I enjoy playing music (guitar) and love to play golf. Family and friends at the Shore in the summer.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Helping to design tax structures that accomplish our clients' goals and preserve their wealth.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- There are always alternatives and you must not leave any stone unturned until you find the right solution for the situation.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Complex real estate deals with "hair on them." Finding the win/win solution for partners or buyers and sellers.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- My father was a CPA and a partner in his firm. I always marveled how he talked to the clients and made himself accessible to them when they needed him. He was a problem solver. I admired that.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- My family, because they are the most precious thing to me.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- An architect… I love building design and I guess that is what drove me to specialize in real estate and construction.
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles
- What is your favorite TV show?
- NFL football
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- The Chartered High School for Architecture and Design. They provide economically disadvantaged high school-aged children the opportunity for a great high school education while getting specialized training in architectural and design disciplines.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- I had a 1972 fire engine red BMW 2002 Tii, which I bought in 1977 for $4,500. It had an aftermarket air conditioner that sounded like a prop airplane but kept me cool in my suit, as we wore ties and jackets every day in our firm back then. It was a really fun car, and back then not as many BMWs were on the road, so we used to blink our headlights at other BMWs coming our way.