Employee Benefit Plan Audit (ERISA Qualified Plans)
In the face of continued ERISA, SEC and DOL scrutiny, EisnerAmper’s Pension Services Group remains committed to helping plan sponsors of 401(k), 11-k and other ERISA-qualified plans meet ongoing audit requirements and accounting challenges, so that benefit managers can focus on their core plan administration roles.
Employee benefit plan audits are a core focus at EisnerAmper: We annually perform 425 employee benefit plan audits to plan sponsors in all industries, ranging from small plans to those with more than $2 billion in plan assets. Our clients include defined contribution plans (including 401(k), 403(b), profit sharing, pension and 11-k), defined benefit and health and welfare plans, and any benefit plans subject to ERISA.
EisnerAmper’s Employee Benefit Plan practice has several distinct characteristics.
- Senior partners and directors in the practice are 100% dedicated to employee benefits work, including 401(k) audits. Because of their active involvement in industry associations and year-long commitment to the industry, our clients in turn benefit from proactive guidance to comply with regulations.
- We put a strong emphasis on employee benefits training, with more than 275 EisnerAmper professionals trained in the area of employee benefits, and 48 hours of benefits training offered annually. The professionals that audit 401(k), defined benefit or other ERISA-qualified plans have the skills in place to perform an effective, efficient audit without excessive disruption of our clients’ staff.
- Pension services staff reside in all of our offices, giving our clients access to local resources.
EisnerAmper has been a member of the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (“EBPAQ”) since its inception in 2005 and has been reviewed twice by the DOL with no comments for improvement.
Our plan sponsor clients benefit from EisnerAmper’s extensive involvement in the employee benefits industry. EisnerAmper professionals serve on the highest industry committees – the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Expert Panel and the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, as well as a variety of other AICPA employee benefit plan committees. This involvement allows us to keep our clients abreast of employee benefit plan developments through:
- Our employee benefit Blog highlighting topics of interest for plan sponsors of 401(k) plans, 403(b) plans, and other ERISA qualified plans as well as non-qualified plans;
- Ongoing email alerts for 401(k) plan, other ERISA qualified plan and non-qualified plan sponsors;
- Our Fiduciary Library resource of articles, videos and blog posts geared toward those responsible for managing ERISA qualified plans, such as 401(k), 403(b), defined benefit and welfare benefit plans.
Information on the firm’s additional employee benefit plan services, including tax compliance, voluntary compliance program assistance and other advisory services can be found by clicking here.