July 08, 2014
By Timothy Schroeder, CPA
During the week of June 16, 2014, the EisnerAmper Not-for-Profit , Tax, and Private Business Services groups teamed up to perform EisnerAmper Cares work. Together, we coordinated and volunteered at various charities throughout New York City, resulting in a rewarding experience for team members and help and support for the charities selected.
The EisnerAmper Cares work was performed at the following charities:
- Animal Haven (June 16) – volunteers walked dogs, cleaned out cat and dog cages, ran a donation stand, and socialized with the dogs and cats.
- Riverside Park (June 17) – volunteers helped with the preservation efforts to improve New York’s classic waterfront green space by pulling weeds, removing invasive trees, pruning shrubs, and cleaning up the coast line.
- Randall’s Island Park Alliance (June 18) – volunteers helped with the maintenance of the parkland by painting and gardening selected areas.
- Baby Buggy (June 18) – volunteers organized and bundled donated clothes, toys, books, and other products for distribution to families.
- Association to Benefit Children (June 20) – volunteers assisted teachers in organizing their classrooms and helped with classroom learning activities. Additionally, volunteers socialized with the children and assisted the teachers in having the kids talk about themselves.