Allen Wilen is a Partner and serves as the National Director of the Financial Advisory Services Group. In this role, he leads a team of over 100 professionals dedicated to assisting the firm’s clients through the litigation and restructuring process. Allen provides forensic accounting, valuation and litigation support services specializing in the areas of distress, debt restructuring, and business disputes. In addition, he provides analysis of insolvent and troubled companies, provides advice in turnaround and crisis situations, counsels purchasers in the acquisition of assets within the bankruptcy arena, and provides expert advice to parties in civil matters. He has more than 20 years of financial and accounting experience in both national and regional public accounting firms.
Allen has been involved in numerous complex matters requiring expertise in forensic accounting and operational analysis. He has been qualified as an expert in numerous state and federal courts throughout the United States. He testified on matters including commercial damages, lost profits, fraudulent transfer and actual intent to defraud.
Allen has represented numerous distressed businesses in navigating their path through the complexity and confusion of the turnaround, sale and liquidation processes. Allen has been appointed in numerous fiduciary capacities by both federal and state courts as a Receiver, Special Fiscal Agent, Liquidating Trustee, Examiner, Provisional Director, and Chief Restructuring Officer. In addition, he often represents court appointed trustees, receivers, and examiners, and has been involved in a large number of high profile cases.
Allen has written articles and industry journals, including a number of sections in the Turnaround Management Association’s Body of Knowledge and a chapter on Financial Reporting in Bankruptcy for the American Bankruptcy Institute’s CRO Handbook. He has also been a speaker on several topics, including director and officer liability in non-profit entities, prepackaged chapter 11s, valuation, professional ethics and distressed healthcare-related entities. In 2021, Global M&A Network named Allen the Turnaround Consultant of the Year. Most recently, he has been named the Global President of the Turnaround Management Association (“TMA”) for the organization’s 2024 term.
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP)
- Accredited Business Valuator (ABV)
- Binghamton University: BS, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: FLVS Digest Editorial Board
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors
- American Bankruptcy Institute: Endowment Fund New York Co-Chair
- Turnaround Management Association: New Jersey Chapter Chairman; National Standard Oversight Committee; Education Oversight Committee