EisnerAmper professionals have a long history of providing affordable housing-related services to a diverse client base. We work with various developers (both for-profit and not-for-profit), management agents and investors on their affordable housing projects. With our deep experience in the space, we understand the unique compliance and planning issues they face.
The customized affordable housing services we provide are the product of a team of highly dedicated accounting and business professionals with special levels of experience, skills and expertise. Our team helps clients review and evaluate the meaning of all reports and information received during the engagement. In addition, we clearly communicate our findings to enhance our clients’ understanding of significant areas.
We provide the following services:
- Annual audits of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit projects
- Annual tax preparation for auditee and associated general partners
- Annual Form 990 preparation (for not-for-profits)
- Annual HUD audits
- Annual compliance audits performed in accordance with GAGAS and Uniform Guidance for various state agencies
- Annual REAC submission
- 10% test engagements
- Cost certification audits
- Capital adjuster calculations
- State agency and investor communications
- Various consulting services
We endeavor to maintain the highest professional standards and have received outstanding evaluations of our quality control system as part of the Peer Review Program administered under the auspices of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. We are proud to be a member of a select number of firms that receive an unqualified report on our system of quality control for our accounting and auditing practice. HUD requires peer review approval in order to qualify to perform these audits.