- Partner, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
- Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
Yan Zhang is the Chief Accountant in the firm’s National Office of the Professional Practice Group, with more than 25 years of experience in public accounting. In this role, she works closely with firm leadership to determine the firm’s position on emerging trends in accounting and financial reporting matters, in addition to servicing clients and supporting engagement teams by researching, advising and concluding on complex technical accounting and reporting issues under U.S. GAAP.
Yan has worked with a variety of clients, including public registrants, multinational corporations, partnerships and private businesses, in the industrial products, consumer markets, life sciences, technology, media and entertainment sectors. She also has significant expertise in periodic and transactional filings with the SEC, including initial public offerings, private placements, carve-outs, mergers and acquisitions, and divestitures.
She currently serves on the Private Company Council (PCC) of the Financial Accounting Standard Board (FASB). The PCC is the primary advisory body to the FASB on the appropriate accounting treatment for private companies, including possible alternatives within GAAP to address the needs of users of private company financial statements. She also has previously served six years on the Technical Issues Committee for the AICPA’s private companies practice section.
Prior to joining the firm, Yan was with a Big 4 accounting firm and has worked in several overseas capital markets.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "All we can know is that we know nothing. And that's the height of human wisdom." – Leo Tolstoy
- Where did you grow up?
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I love to travel to new places and meet new friends.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- My work is incredibly dynamic and presents new challenges every so often.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- I would love to work at Starbucks.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- My favorite nonprofit organization is United Way. It works extremely well with all types of communities, and therefore has a longer lasting impact on people's lives.