- Business Entity Tax
- State & Local Tax
- Accounting for Income Taxes
- Mergers & Acquisitions
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Pace University: MST
- St. John’s University: MBA, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Vijay Shah is a Tax Partner in the firm’s Large Corporate Tax Group with over 25 years of experience in the technology, software development, manufacturing, wholesale distribution, broker-dealer, biotech, and pharmaceutical industries. He is also heavily involved in the firm’s work related to mergers and acquisitions. Vijay has performed extensive tax research and tax planning, and has handled numerous federal and state income tax examinations for various clients. He has helped clients with tax issues related to stock-based compensation and accounting for income taxes (ASC 740). In addition, he has worked with many corporate clients with overseas subsidiaries and their accountants abroad.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- There is no shortcut in life. Give it your best shot.
- Where did you grow up?
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- A lot of fun and no stress
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- With family
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Planning for clients.
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Indian music