- Financial Services
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity Funds
- Funds of Funds
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Real Estate
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Pennsylvania State University: BS, Marketing; Business Logistics minor
- Fairleigh Dickinson University: MS, Taxation
- Rutgers University: MBA, Professional Accounting
- Seton Hall University School of Law: JD
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants: Taxation of Financial Instruments & Transactions Committee Chair Emeritus
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Office & Industrial Properties New York City Chapter
Jeffrey Parker is a Tax Partner with more than 25 years of experience. He provides guidance on complex tax questions for clients in the financial services and real estate industries. He specializes in tax services for investment partnerships, funds of funds, and MLP Funds, including structuring and compliance.
Jeff has deep expertise in assisting fund managers and CFOs in navigating the complex tax rules facing hedge and private equity funds. In addition, his experience serving real estate clients extends to property development, rentals, and industry specific issues, such as like-kind exchanges, as they relate to flow-through entities and individuals. His skills in finance and real estate have led him to become expert in advising high net-worth individuals on their personal income tax returns, estate and gift taxes, trusts, and foundations.
Prior to joining EisnerAmper, Jeff was a Tax Partner with a national accounting firm.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "You miss 100 % of the shots you don’t take." – Wayne Gretzky
- Where did you grow up?
- Livingston, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- I had the big college experience at Penn State.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Spending time with my wife and two sons at my kids' sporting events and bringing them to other events.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Coming up with ideas and solving problems.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I may be the first person who ever joined the profession for social reasons. I was a marketing major as an undergrad (I received my accounting degree later in my MBA program) and quickly realized that my marketing degree would lead to a lifetime in outside sales, traveling alone from place to place. I was looking for an opportunity to work in a big office with a bunch of people my age, and my dad suggested that I become a CPA and work in a big firm.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- I would be an attorney.
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Rosalita by Bruce Springsteen
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Autism Speaks. I have an autistic nephew, and I think the organization does a great job raising awareness.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- My first car, a used 1982 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme coupe in two-tone green. I have a lot of great memories from that car, including road trips to away football games while I was at Penn State and trips to see my friends who lived out of town.