- Partner, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
Jeffrey Kelson is the National Corporate Tax Group Leader and a leader of services for the firm's New Jersey office with 30 years of experience to his leadership role in the Tax Services Group. He is also the leader of the firms Tax Thought Leaderhship. As a tax advisor to companies, Jeff’s experience encompasses corporate tax compliance and planning; mergers and acquisitions; local, state, and international taxation; sales and use tax issues; bankruptcy and turnaround situations; and SEC issues related to IPOs and privatization. Additionally, he has expertise with NOL studies (and has presented many webinars on Section 382).
Jeff's corporate tax expertise centers around companies in the manufacturing, distribution, technology, and professional services industries. Among his clients have been a $1 billion brand management company, a $500 million linens/bedding distributor, a food retailer, a regional airline, commercial real estate concerns, a large home builder, software entities, and various manufacturers.
Jeff has established himself as a thought leader and leads the tax thought leadership for the firm as well as advising clients on tax issues, including recent accounting standards updates and required implementation.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeff was a Tax Partner for a national accounting firm, where he provided corporate tax support for public and private clients. He has appeared on television and in various publications to discuss a range of tax topics.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Happy employees = Happy clients
- Where did you grow up?
- Bronx, NY
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- No campus life
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Collecting and listening to vinyl records.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- The people
- Why did you become a CPA?
- Career day in 6th grade, and I was good at Math; so I thought, why not?
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Radio or podcast DJ
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- There She Goes by The La's
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Curb Your Enthusiasm