- Domestic Tax
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Baruch College of the City University of New York: BBA, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Jeffrey Kelson brings 30 years of experience to his leadership role in the Tax Services Group. As a tax advisor to companies, Jeff’s experience encompasses corporate tax compliance and planning; mergers & acquisitions; local, state and international taxation; sales and use tax issues; bankruptcy and turnaround situations; and SEC issues relating to IPOs and privatization. Jeff has particular expertise with NOL studies (and has presented many webinars on Section 382).
His corporate tax expertise centers around companies in the manufacturing, distribution, technology and professional services industries. Among his clients have been a $1 billion brand management company, a $500 million linens/bedding distributor, a food retailer, a regional airline, commercial real estate concerns, a large home builder, software entities, and various manufacturers.
Prior to joining EisnerAmper, Jeff was a Tax Partner for BDO Seidman, where he provided corporate tax support for public and private clients. Jeff has appeared on television and in various publications to discuss a range of tax topics.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Happy employees = Happy clients
- Where did you grow up?
- Bronx, NY
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- No campus life
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Collecting and listening to vinyl records.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- The people
- Why did you become a CPA?
- Career day in 6th grade, and I was good at Math; so I thought, why not?
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Radio or podcast DJ
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- There She Goes by The La's
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Curb Your Enthusiasm