- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Hedge Funds
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Binghamton University: BS, Management (Finance concentration)
- Chartered Financial Analyst Institute
- New York Society of Security Analysts
Craig Ter Boss is a Principal in the Corporate Finance Group, with nearly 20 years’ experience providing valuation services to public and private clients. Craig delivers services across a range of industries, including consumer products, apparel, technology, business services, financial services, manufacturing, media, retail and health care. Craig’s depth of experience and skill set is a unique combination, positioning him as a specialist with client-facing concerns as well as an expert in fair value measurement issues for audit engagements. Types of engagements include allocation of purchase price, goodwill impairment, corporate strategic and tax planning, corporate transactions (e.g., mergers, acquisitions), litigation and arbitration.
Craig focuses on valuations relating to alternative asset managers, including private equity, hedge funds and venture capital. At the fund level, he performs valuations and conducts reviews of valuations of Level III (difficult-to-value) securities performed by fund management and third-party specialists. At the portfolio company level, he leads engagements related to the valuation of business enterprises and equity and debt interests, as well as various intangible assets. Craig serves as an instructor for EisnerAmper University and has presented, as well as served as panel member, to industry associations regarding valuation issues for alternative asset investments.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Right is right when no one is doing it and wrong is wrong when everyone is doing it.
- Where did you grow up?
- Upstate New York
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Work hard, play hard.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Sports, family and friends
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Valuation issues
- What is your favorite TV show?
- The Wire