Chris Van Schooneveld
Chris Van Schooneveld is a Director in the firm. With more than 8 years of experience, Chris is a well-rounded advisor with many areas of expertise and specializes in business and intellectual property valuations for estate and gift taxes, transactions, purchase price allocations and litigation matters. In addition, Chris also provides litigation support and aids the firm’s audit practice with fair value measurements for financial reporting.
Chris, who was named to the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts 40 Under 40 list for 2021, has a knack for helping his clients better understand the value drivers, strengths, and risks within their organization.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris was a director at Lurie LLP, a Minneapolis-based accounting and advisory firm, which provided clients with solutions in accounting, audit, tax planning, wealth management and advisory services, serving business leaders in a wide variety of industries including health care, professional services, technology, manufacturing, real estate and more. Chris helped grow Lurie’s valuation and litigation support practice and was also an instrumental part in launching Lurie’s transition planning services offering. Chris’ career began in the US Army where he served for four years.
- Business valuation and litigation
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Business Valuation (ABV) certifications
- University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management: BS, Finance; BS Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts