Barbara Peña is a Tax Partner with over 20 years of public accounting experience and a member of the firm’s Corporate Tax Group. Barbara’s expertise encompasses corporate and partnership tax returns. She specializes in large and midsize businesses, tax provisions (ASC 740) and tax planning.
Barbara serves domestic and multinational clients (public and private) primarily in the manufacturing and distribution, life sciences, technology and insurance industries.
Barbara is the insurance tax lead for the firm. She is responsible for overseeing the tax compliance for all property and casualty insurance companies, life companies, and mutual insurance companies, as well as their ASC 740 and SSAP 101 income tax provisions. In addition, she is responsible for coordinating the tax training for the insurance tax specialists.
Prior to joining the firm, Barbara served in the tax group at a leading reinsurance company.
- Tax Provision – ASC 740
- Tax Compliance and Planning
- Corporate Tax
- Partnership Tax
- Individual Tax
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- The College of New Jersey: BS, Accounting
- Rider University: MA
- Fairleigh Dickinson University: MST; Certificate, Corporate Taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Society of Insurance Financial Management
- Insurance Tax Conference