Job #1907: COO/CFO - NJ (10/23/2023)
Manufacturing company is seeking a CFO/COO to oversee and manage all Finance and Administration functions of the business including Accounting, Financial Planning, Human Resources, Information Technology, Import logistics, and Distribution Operations.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures that align with the company'soverall goals and objectives and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and oversee the company's financial planning and analysis process, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling.
- Directs the financial aspects of inventory management and capital expenditures in accordance with approved policies.
- Oversee import logistics, including negotiating freight rates, tracking shipments, monitoring transit times and controlling costs.
- Formulates and recommends for approval, proposals on banking and borrowing arrangements. Establishes and maintains an advantageous relationship with banks and other segments of the financial community.
- Oversee the management of the company’s insurance programs, including property and casualty, liability, ocean cargo, and other corporate insurance policies.
- Identify and mitigate financial risks to the business, including credit risk, market risk, and operational risk.
- Ensure the company is compliant with all tax regulations and optimize the company's tax position through effective tax planning.
- Ensures the company is compliant with all import regulations and requirements including customs classification and valuation for the proper payment of duty in the US and Canada. Maintains accurate records of all import transactions.
- Directs Security programs and oversees required actions to safeguard Corporate assets.
- Directs the activities of Information Technology in its development and review of systems, its Data Processing operations and research, and its review of Management Information requirements.
- Directs Corporation’s Human Resources program, develops, recommends, for approval and implements personnel policies and procedures for the organization.
- Directs Distribution operations for owned and third-party facilities. Oversees all aspects the distribution centers including inventory management, order fulfillment, shipping and receiving and warehouse operations.
- Oversees the legal review of all the company’s contracts and ensures that contracts are reviewed and negotiated in a timely and effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; Master's degree or CPA strongly preferred.
- 10-15+ years’ experience as a Senior Financial Executive/Operations for a consumer products company selling to mass merchants, specialty stores and/or department stores with sales volume over $100M; ideal candidate will have worked with Walmart of similar retailer.
- Technically savvy; able to audit systems and make suggestions how to update as needed.
- Previous oversight of bank relations and financing, corporate accounting, financial planning and budgets, taxation, risk management, strategic planning and distribution.
- Experienced in compliance with import regulations and customs compliance.
- Prior experience in import logistics including negotiating freight rates, optimizing transit times and managing costs.
- Previous experience in managing distribution facilities for distribution to retail customers.
- Proven experience in managing complex financial operations and developing and implementing financial policies and procedures.
- Experience working for a private company in an entrepreneurial environment desirable.
- Experience managing Human Resources and Information Technology a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and team management skills
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resume to Jacqlene Caccavale at email@example.com
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1907 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.