Job #1904: Assistant Controller - NJ (10/11/2023)
Saddle Brook, NJ
Tillman Infrastructure (“TI”) is a prominent player in the field of cellular tower and telecom infrastructure, with a strong presence in the United States. We specialize in owning and constructing assets nationwide, providing the financial resources and operational expertise needed to rapidly develop and oversee numerous sites. TI is a proud portfolio company of Tillman Global Holdings, a holding company with a global focus on building top-tier digital infrastructure businesses.
Joining the TI team at this exciting juncture offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth. As an Assistant Controller, you will have the opportunity to enhance your finance and business partnership skills by taking on diverse responsibilities. These include the preparation of financial reports, in-depth financial data analysis, ad hoc projects, and initiatives such as system integrations and implementations.
The ideal candidate we are seeking is proactive, driven, resourceful, possesses strong prioritization skills, and a desire to dive into the data. In this role, you will report directly to the Controller, and your contributions will be pivotal to our finance team’s collaborative efforts with other departments within the organization.
We are in search of a meticulously organized Assistant Controller to become a vital member of our Finance team. Utilizing the Acumatica general ledger, Basware P2P and Site Tracker systems, this role involves the day-to-day management of accounting processes, conduct financial reporting and analysis for designated functional areas, and collaborate closely with the Controller and Chief Financial Officer to implement accounting systems and internal controls.
The Assistant Controller will also be responsible for leading and developing the other team members with a hands-on approach daily. Your contribution in this role will be instrumental in maintaining the financial integrity and efficiency of our organization.
- Lead the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes for designated functional areas.
- Compile and meticulously analyze financial data to prepare entries in financial systems and document business transactions.
- Prepare, review, and validate monthly and quarterly journal entries during the close.
- Review balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure that accounts receivables postings align accurately with contracts and lease terms
- Conduct monthly reviews of accounts receivable aging to guarantee current and timely payments.
- Oversee the issuance of purchase orders, ensuring timely execution and proper reflection of cancellations and close outs.
- Monitor the P2P system to ensure the timely and accurate processing and validation of AP invoices.
- Supervise accounts payable, billing, collections, payroll, and financial reporting functions, identifying discrepancies, and reconciling accounts.
- Prepare and post calculations for tower rent and related depreciation.
- Provide assistance in the preparation and review of financial statements and year-end disclosures.
- Collaborate on year-end audit deliverables and address audit requests promptly.
- Uphold compliance with all Tillman Infrastructure policies and procedures.
- Manage, mentor and train finance staff, and delegate duties to meet departmental and organizational goals.
- Consult with Controller and Chief Financial Officer to identify accounting issues and implement procedures that ensure compliance with GAAP.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA and/or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Previous experience as an accountant, assistant controller, or in a similar role.
- Exceptional organizational skills with an unwavering focus on detail.
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers and vendors.
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently to complete tasks, respond to department requests, and to collaborate with others to leverage their resources and knowledge for high quality solutions.
- Strong Excel skills are essential.
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resume and cover letter to Marilena Sito at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1904 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.