Job #1900: Associate Vice President for Finance - PA (10/2/2023)
Associate Vice President for Finance
St. David, PA
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Operations (VPFO), the Associate Vice President for Finance provides primary assistance to the Vice President in compiling and monitoring the annual operating budget, promulgating monthly financial statements and other ad hoc analysis, and liaising with the organization's leadership as it pertains to financial operations of their areas. The Associate Vice President seeks to engender access to and understanding of financial information and other resources throughout the institution.
This role is full time, salaried, permanent, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, Exempt.
- Leads the organization’s annual audit process and overall accounting functions by coordinating activities and functions required with the audit preparation and field work, as requested by external auditors.
- Prepares and/or coordinates fiscal yearend activities and general ledger reconciliations, analyses, and accruals in preparation for closing out the fiscal year and preparing the organization’s financial statements.
- Lead and coordinate the development of client-prepared schedules, work papers and other analyses; timely preparation and issuance of Form 990; and yearend close activities in the organization’s ERP systems.
- Oversees grant and restricted funds, ensuring organization’s compliance with donor or other restrictions. Liaises with Advancement and each respective budget manager as applicable.
- Prepares monthly financial statements, including budget variance reports for review and discussion with the VPFO and financial leadership team. Prepares quarterly financial statements for dissemination to the organization’s leadership and Board as applicable.
- Performs monthly analysis of revenue budget variances. Coordinates with other financial staff regarding monthly analysis of departmental expenditure variances.
- Provides assistance with the fiscal year budget development and general maintenance of the budget in the ERP system.
- Monitors contribution margins and other revenue production functions (e.g., Conferences and Food Service).
- Serves on other organization working groups upon the request and/or concurrence of the VPFO.
- Provides leadership to and for the Department of Finance and Operations as needed in the absence of the VP of Finance and Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
•A Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
•Experience in an academic environment.
•Experience and knowledge in finance and accounting.
•A thorough working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and procedures.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
•Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
•Demonstrated initiative and strong work ethic.
•Supervisory experience and proven ability to lead a team.
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resume and cover letter to Adam Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1900 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.