Job #1899: Director of Investments/Finance - NYC (9/21/2023)
Director of Investments/Finance - Family Office
New York City/4 days in office
- Amazing opportunity to join a fantastic Single-Family Office! We are looking for a seasoned/senior level individual that has worked at a Private Equity, Real Estate and/or Venture Capital Fund, with 10+ years of fund accounting, performance/investor partnership reporting and management experience. You have previously put consistent/institutional level processes and procedures in place at a prior position, have a CPA and have worked in public accounting as well. Great place to work, awesome/smart people, work/life balance, incredible benefits and on it goes!
- You enjoy a diverse job, as every day will be different! You will build out robust reporting and operational processes, have experience doing this at a prior position, as well as working with principals of the firm. Responsibilities will include: Oversight of complex financial reporting among partnerships as well as at the investor level; Oversight of fund and investor level performance reporting - you will create consistency across the board for investor level reporting; Collaboration with investment professionals on valuation, working that through the reporting process, and revising the valuation policy; Potentially supervising and managing financial statement audit; Proforma/proactive reporting including cash and performance projections; Asset allocation and strategic reporting; Management and mentoring of staff.
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves to do the actual work, and pitching in where needed in addition to managing/mentoring/teaching, problem solving and figuring things out without all the pieces. You’ll always be involved in new transactions with complicated structures.
- MUST have 10+ years’ experience, including on the buy side in private equity fund accounting, real estate fund and/or venture capital fund accounting, as well as public accounting experience/CPA. PE Fund of Funds experience also considered. You do not need to be a tax expert but should have some basic knowledge/context.
- MUST have understanding of and the ability to translate sophisticated carry/promote structures into waterfall calculations and financial reporting experience.
- MUST be organized, very collaborative, a team player, have excellent communication and client service skills, be ethical and honest, able to multitask, hardworking, willing to learn, able to work figure things out/resourceful. You are a mentor and have excellent management skills.
- MUST have advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and V/HLOOKUPS and be experienced with complicated structures, including waterfalls, side pockets, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, and CPA.
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resumes to Bonni Pactor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1899 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.