Job #1893: Controller - NYC (8/18/2023)
New York City, New York
Reporting directly to the President, the Controller will be responsible for the financial record keeping and reporting of the company. He/she will ensure adequate accounting procedures, records, and controls are developed, maintained, and enforced by the organization’s accounting personnel. The Controller will also be responsible for all reporting; internally to management and the company’s investors, and externally to the company’s lenders. The Controller will also lead the preparation of the annual budget, maintain relationships with external service providers and manage payroll.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the President, the Controller will be responsible for the financial record keeping and reporting of the company. He/she will ensure appropriate accounting procedures and controls, records, and reporting. Specifically:
Accounting, Analysis and Reporting:
Manage the monthly close process for all companies, which includes the following:
- Consolidation that includes elimination of intercompany transactions
- Account reconciliations
- Accruals of job related and operating expenses
Analyze fluctuations against budget and prior year amounts for month, quarter and year-to-date periods to determine trends and inconsistencies and any appropriate adjustments and corrections.
Prepare complete consolidated and consolidating financial statements including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Statement of Cash Flows in accordance with GAAP and the company’s accounting policies.
Prepare operations memo summarizing significant financial trends and variances compared to current and prior year periods for actual and budgeted amounts.
Manage the opening balance sheet ‘cut-off’ /’transitional’ matters for NewCo under the SPA.
Prepare Sales tax returns
Prepare required lender compliance package
Budget and Forecasting:
· Lead the preparation of the yearly operating plan and related five year forecast
· Prepare the 13 week rolling cash flow
· Work with valuation professionals on annual 409a valuation
· Maintain relationships with NetSuite and other systems providers to ensure appropriate configuration and other settings to ensure transactions are efficiently recorded and provide the data required for robust reporting of economic events
· Develop appropriate reporting to facilitate efficient communication and evaluation of results of operations, KPIs and compliance matters
· Develop and update as required the company’s accounting policies and internal control procedures to ensure financial statements and disclosures are in accordance with GAAP
· Achieve effective communication, coordination of effort, and information flow among all stakeholders
· Coordinate with outside auditors for completion of the annual audit
· Providing information to tax accountants for preparation of Corporation returns
· Payroll management with third party payroll service
· Lead risk management relationships for commercial programs and employee benefit plans
· Develop standard work practices and procedures for Corporate Accounting Department
· Create an environment that fosters the development of the accounting and other company staff
· Perform other accounting duties and special projects as requested by the President
- The ability to work accurately and with close attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work to produce desired results.
- Ability to mentor and develop staff.
- Team player eager to work in a company to see all facets of the business and be able to make a material and meaningful impact on the company’s performance.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Possess the ability to create and follow office procedure.
- Possess the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 8+ years experience with mix of corporate accounting and public accounting experience is desirable
- Active CPA license preferred
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Business Services and experience not necessary but a big plus
- Sales Tax, GST, and VAT experience not necessary but a big plus
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resume and cover letter to Robert Yingling at email@example.com.
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1893 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.