Job #1891: Senior Accountant / Controller - NJ (8/9/2023)
Senior Accountant / Controller
Pine Brook, NJ
The Senior Accountant position is responsible for applying GAAP standards and practices in preparing the organization’s financial statements while ensuring appropriate, timely and accurate accounting control. Based on skills and experience, may be considered for Controller position. Both positions are full-time in house.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities - Working as a Team Player
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures, with a focus on cash, accounts receivable, inventory and cost controls
- Prepare, analyze and/or review financial reports as necessary to meet internal and external reporting requirements
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met and that the information is presented accurately and timely
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities
- Assist and/or supervise financial audit preparation and coordination of the audit process
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Assist various departments (Manufacturing, Sales & Customer Service) as a business partner
- Other Accounting functions as assigned by the CFO
To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA in Accounting degree or equivalent, with MBA a plus
- A minimum of 5-years of experience in accounting, financial reporting, and analysis
- Strong knowledge base and practical experience (GAAP)
- Strong Excel and database skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels of company, as well as customers and other stakeholders
Ability to effectively present information, in writing and verbally, in one-on-one and group settings to management, other employees, directors, outside constituents and customers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out policies and procedures furnished in written, oral, and/or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resume and cover letter to Steve San Filippo at email@example.com .
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1891 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.