Job #1884: Corporate Controller - Jersey City (7/17/2023)
Jersey City, NJ
The Corporate Controller position is responsible for the following: for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and reports designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with GAAP and other regulatory and legal requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage accounting staff and oversee the day-to-day activities of the Finance Department. Perform performance review of staff and formulate development plans.
- Oversee and manage timely monthly financial closes ensuring targeted deadlines are met and that all accounting and processing is in accordance with established legal, regulatory and company procedures.
- Facilitate the timely completion of external audits including ensuring prepared-by-client requests are completed in advance of audit and subsequent fieldwork requests are promptly addressed.
- Develop accounting policies and procedures including technical memoranda and document appropriate internal controls to support business objectives. Regularly review systems for control weaknesses.
- Maintain the general ledger and ensure the integrity of reported numbers by reviewing monthly all account reconciliations, the coding of all journal entries and vendor invoices in addition to reviewing estimates-to-complete used for percent complete revenue recognition.
- Assist CFO in managing cash by monitoring cash balances, ensuring the bank accounts are reconciled daily, accounts payable are properly managed, accounts receivable are collected promptly, billings are issued timely, and that unbilled revenue is invoiced on schedule.
- Ensuring timely and accurate dissemination of financial reports to senior management and investors, including providing financial analyses as needed.
- Review customer contracts to maintain revenue recognized is in accordance with applicable US GAAP and ASC 606 including preparation of Estimates to Complete (ETC) on fixed price projects.
- Responsible for treasury controls within the bank accounts.
- Performs other accounting duties and projects as assigned.
Responsible for tax compliance including state and local filings relating to business registrations and licensing requirements.
Goals and Objectives
- Continuous improvement in performance.
- Introduce tools and processes to ensure that various deadlines are achieved.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree with10 years of accounting experience and a minimum 5 years of experience in a supervisory role as an Assistant Controller or Controller.
- Strong understanding of professional services operations required including experience with PSA systems and ERP platforms and expert understanding of Excel.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and be able to see issues through to resolution.
- Self-motivated, has the ability to multi-task, and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to improve operations and operational performance through analysis and implementation of documented improvements.
Chief Financial Officer
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1884 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.