- Business Valuation
- Transfer Pricing
- Litigation Services
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- The University of Texas at Arlington: BBA
- Rider University: MBA, Finance
- American Society of Appraisers
- CFA Institute
Bret Boivin is a Senior Manager in the Financial Advisory Services Group. With more than 15 years of valuation experience, Bret specializes in providing business valuation services and valuing intangible business assets to clients in a variety of industries, including health care, pharmaceutical and professional services. Bret combines his valuation skills and other financial expertise to work on valuation and transfer pricing matters for financial reporting, tax, and litigation support purposes.
Bret's valuation experience consists of appraising businesses for buy-sell agreements, gift and estate tax filings, equity-based compensation under ASC 718 and IRC Section 409A, fair value measurement for financial report for impairment testing under ASC 350 and purchase price allocation under ASC 805. Bret provides litigation support for the legal community and commercial entities in the area of damage assessments, ownership disputes, and matrimonial matters.
Bret's transfer pricing experience includes assisting companies with their transfer pricing documentation and planning projects, concerning both international and multi-state transfer pricing matters.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Winners forget they're in a race, they just love to run.
- Where did you grow up?
- Seattle, WA
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- One of the greatest, transformative, life experiences
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Playing golf, going to the gym, spending time with my family, going to the movies, and riding roller coasters.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Valuation services
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?