Webinar: Dealing with the IRS - Audit Division
This webinar will provide participants with an overview of representing taxpayers before the IRS’ Audit Division. We will review basic techniques in contacting the IRS and preparing for the audit. The goal of any practitioner in this area should be to remove the burden of dealing with
taxing authorities so that the taxpayers they represent can move forward.
Course Objective: To provide each participant with best practices and procedures when representing taxpayers before the IRS Audit Division.
Learning Outcomes: Participants will be able to:
- List prerequisites when contacting the IRS
- Determine who can represent taxpayers
- Determine how to initially handle the IRS auditor in an audit
- Review educational resources available to practitioners
- Discuss the 3 stage of an IRS audit
- Discuss how to appeal audit results
2.0 CPE credits in Taxes
Dan Gibson, Partner, EisnerAmper LLP