Webinar: 2020 Heckerling Institute
During this webinar, we will discuss tax planning strategies highlighted at the 54th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning that can be applied to client situations.
Course Objective: Learn about hot topics and trends impacting estate planning strategies.
Learning Outcomes: Participants will be able to:
- Learn about the challenge of planning for the payment or mitigation of GST tax on both large and small nonexempt trusts, including when deaths occur out of order
- Explore the planning considerations when individuals and their planning structures have ties to more than one state. The following questions will be discussed: Can more than one state assert the right to tax? What is the impact of the Supreme Court’s decision in Kaestner? What is required if an individual desires to establish residency elsewhere?
- Comprehend the various domestic and foreign asset protection trust laws, including when to consider each law and the issues that may apply
- Recognize what executors, trustees and beneficiaries must know about inherited retirement benefits
- Gain insights on how a “six-step process to healthy family governance” can become a critical part of estate planning for the family
1.5 CPE credits in Tax
- Marie Arrigo, Partner, EisnerAmper
- Onofrio Cirianni, Consultant, EisnerAmper Wealth Management
- Karen Goldberg, Principal, EisnerAmper
- Brent Lipschultz, Partner, EisnerAmper
- Scott Testa, Partner, EisnerAmper