Financial Planning Opportunities For Individuals and Selected Corporate Tax Matters 2010 and 2011 Considerations - Part 4
Table of Contents
- The Planning Processes and Considerations: The Current Economic and Tax Legislation Environment
- Wealth Transfer Planning Opportunities: Estate and Gift Tax Fundamentals
- International Tax Planning Considerations
- Corporate Tax Provisions
International Tax Planning Considerations
International Individual Tax Considerations
- U.S-Foreign Jurisdiction: Pre-departure and pre-entry planning critical
- Expatriate income tax issues
- Foreign earned income exclusion and housing allowance (tax minimization strategy)
- Foreign tax credit
- Foreign assignment pre-departure planning – What to Consider
- Short Term versus long term assignments and treaty Relief
- Equalization versus tax protection policies, tax withholding requirements
- Foreign currency protection
- Social Security tax minimization planning
- Practical observations regarding U.S. and foreign country treaty developments and key cross-border legislative developments
- Treaty Protocols
- Income sourcing, especially equity compensation
- Inheritance tax
- Foreign Investments reporting and IRS Treasury Initiatives
- (FBAR and Voluntary Disclosures, Form 5471, Foreign bank account withholding)
- What’s important to you and what are your facts ?
- Income tax minimization
- Asset protection and risk management
- Estate and gift tax minimization and wealth transfer
- Prospectively, periodically review your balance and asset accumulation forecast
- Why ?
- Balance sheet
- Births, deaths, marriages, divorce
- Change in tax laws or residency or jurisdictions
- Review will and life insurance at least every 3 years
- Why ?
- Is legal ownership of your assets consistent with your overall plan?
- Are beneficiary designations consistent with your transfer objectives?
Polling Question Have you elected bonus depreciation in the past?
The material contained in this presentation is for general information and should not be acted upon without prior professional consultation.