Why Your Not-for-Profit Should be Using Social Media
Social media allows for sharing of information online between individuals and groups. It encompasses a broad sweep of online activity, with sites like Facebook, Linked-ln, Twitter and YouTube among the most commonly used and known. These social media outlets can offer a not-for-profit organization many new opportunities and benefits at little to no cost. New opportunities can include additional avenues for marketing by creating brand awareness to attract possible donors and volunteers and educating the community about your not-for-profit organizations programs.
Social media can offer you an opportunity to:
1. Promote your not-for-profit organization and its mission.
2. Get access to new volunteers.
3. Connect new donors to your not-for-profit organization’s online donation pages.
4. Reconnect with previous donors and save money by avoiding direct mail costs.
5. Provide employees, volunteers and supporters a forum to discuss the positive impact your not-for-profit organization is making in the community. It also allows volunteers and supporters a place to share their experiences.
6. Connect with other not-for-profits to share ideas and experiences.
7. Advertise fundraising events and promote the latest news about your not-for-profit organization.
Social media can be an opportunity for your not-for-profit organization to grow and reach a new level. If you implement a social media campaign that is properly administered, your organization will “Like” the benefits that it can provide.