Ben Aspir discusses the QSBS exclusion, corporate versus shareholder requirements, section 1202 exclusions, C corporation, partnerships and capital gains.

Dissecting the Qualified Small Business Stock Exclusion


Ben Aspir, an EisnerAmper tax manager, examines the intricacies of the Qualified Small Business Stock Exclusion - Section 1202. Ben breaks down corporate versus shareholder requirements, which industries stand to benefit from the exclusion, holding periods, various tax implications and more. 


Dave Plaskow: Hello and welcome to the EisnerAmper Taxation podcast series where we try to dig a little deeper on the issues facing tax professionals and their clients. Today's topic is the qualified small business stock exclusion, Section 1202. I'm your host, Dave Plaskow. And with us today is Ben Aspir, a manager in EisnerAmper’s Tax Practice. Ben welcome and thanks for being here.
Ben Aspir: Great to be here. Dave.

About Ben Aspir

Benjamin Aspir is a Senior Tax Manager with expertise in tax, audit and accounting services. Member AICPA and New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants.

Contact Benjamin

* Required