- Accounting Liability
- SEC & Regulatory Issues
- Strategic Consulting
- Litigation Prevention & Management
- Crisis Management
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- University of Michigan: BA, Psychology, with distinction
- University of Pennsylvania Law School: JD
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Patient Airlift Services
- Congregation KTI of Port Chester, NY Trustee
Shari Markowitz Savitt is a Principal and General Counsel at EisnerAmper LLP. Shari manages all resources relating to internal and external legal matters involving the firm. She advises the firm on legal matters regarding internal governance, operations, regulatory issues and risk management. Shari manages the firm’s litigations including administrative and enforcement proceedings, regulatory proceedings and litigation matters.
Previously, Shari was a Litigation Partner at international law firms Winston & Strawn LLP and Thelen Reid & Priest LLP, handling complex commercial litigation including media, copyright, trademark and general contract disputes. Her prior experience includes counseling clients on all aspects of litigation management, from pre-litigation dispute resolution through discovery, settlement, trials and appeals.
Shari speaks to various professional audiences, including the American Law Institute, on issues related to litigation management and accountants liability. She previously served as a legal liaison for her community’s Parent-Teacher Association.
- Where did you grow up?
- Long Island
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Challenging, yet complete with all the sports, social and academic opportunities a big university offers.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- With family – traveling, skiing, exercising, kids' sports events.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I am most passionate about my role in helping EisnerAmper address challenges, and grow.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- My Mazda CX-9, because it's sporty and fun to drive, but I can fit my kids, their friends and all their gear, and head off to anywhere.