What would you like to do with your business someday? Are you planning on staying actively engaged until you are no longer able? Do you prefer a swift getaway with a healthy paycheck? Perhaps something more gradual is appealing. Either way you look at it, you will exit your business some day, either by design or by default. At EisnerAmper, we would like to help you to design the future that best meets your needs and the needs of your family and business.
As the company matures, along with the owner and perhaps senior leaders, roles need to change too. It is imperative that leaders find a way to pass on their wealth of information and experience to a younger generation of ‘emerging leaders.’ However, this is not always easy.
On these pages, you will find a host of ideas, tools, articles and blogs to help you to navigate this often confusing and confounding stage in business and in life.
How we can help you achieve Family Business Excellence
- Develop a lifestyle plan to help you to picture and plan for the type of future that you want to experience, whether this is in the business, in some other business or living a completely different life.
- Develop your estate plan, including help making the really tough decisions, such as how to divide your estate among children who are active in the business and those who are not, protect your assets and ensure you are financially secure for the future.
- Develop new roles and responsibilities for the transitioning owners, as well as for other members of the leadership team, helping them evolve from leaders to mentors and coaches.
- Identify the talent you will need for the future and help to recruit, select and train the people to help you grow your business and protect the business.
- Identify and implement various exit strategies, including selling your business, developing an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), setting up a management buyout or seeking investment partners, to name a few.
Please explore the materials on these pages, and check back often for updates and articles to inform your planning. And please, feel free to give us a call for a no-obligation conversation about ways that we can help!