Robert S. Esposito
- Managing Director, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
Robert S. Esposito is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance Group. Bob’s nearly 40 years of experience includes assisting clients with corporate finance and transaction-related strategy, execution, structuring, due diligence, integration and project management. Bob also has many years of experience serving clients in accounting and auditing, IPOS and secondary public offerings, preparation of financial statements and regulatory filings, and business plans and corporate strategy.
Bob’s expertise is concentrated primarily on the planning, management, and execution of buy and sell-side transactions. He has significant experience with mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, strategic alliances, and corporate partnerships and joint ventures. Bob has over 30 years of experience serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical services industries. He also serves various clients in the in addition to technology and software, professional services, chemicals and specialty materials, and industrial markets industries.
Prior to joining the firm, Bob was a Senior Partner for 34 years at a Big 4 accounting firm, where he served as National Partner-in-Charge for the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device Industry. He was also National Partner-in-Charge Transaction Services (Life Sciences Industry) and the Partner-in-Charge Transaction Services (MidAtlantic Region).
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- If something negative happens, give it 24 hours to sleep on it – generally things don’t look as bad the next day, emotions subside, and you can make a more intelligent decision.
- Where did you grow up?
- Philadelphia, PA / Riverton, NJ (South Jersey)
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Summers on Long Beach Island; spring and fall - outdoor activities (biking, jogging and hiking along Delaware Canal; tennis and golf, etc.) in Bucks County, PA (New Hope, Doylestown, Lambertville, etc.); Philadelphia professional sports teams - season ticket holder for Philadelphia Flyers; attending outdoor concerts and performing arts shows (my daughter is a professional ballerina).
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Challenging myself to provide world-class service and financial strategy to my life science and corporate finance clients; passionate about supporting the CEO, CFO and Board of Directors of my clients in making difficult business decisions involving complex transactions.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Be disciplined and keep the process simple; focus on the risks and rewards of a potential investment; and always factor in a high probability of assumptions and forecasts not meeting planned expectations.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Quality of Earnings; normalization of financial results; presenting a complex financial overview of complex accounting financial and business matters to C-level executives, Boards of Directors and professional advisors.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- I love when clients ask me to participate side by side with their "C" level executives and directors in evaluating and making executive decisions on complex transactions, financings and business operations.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- CFO or COO of a life sciences company; M&A managing director with a private equity or venture capital firm
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- February Song, Awake – Josh Groban
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Hannity, Two and a Half Men
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- Datsun 280 ZX – fast and sleek; my first experience with a sports car and stick shift