Nicole N. Zakowicz
Nicole Zakowicz is a Director in the Financial Advisory Services Group. She has over 15 years of experience providing damages consulting and expert testimony in commercial, intellectual property, and business interruption disputes. Specifically, Nicole has extensive experience determining damages in disputes related to breach of contract and intellectual property involving patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights. She also frequently provides guidance related to damages for pre- and post-litigation issues, including determining preliminary ranges of damages and potential settlement amounts.
Nicole has spent 18 years leading dispute assignments, which involve determining damage theories, composing expert reports, analyzing opposing expert's damages calculations, and assisting counsel with depositions, trials, and dispute resolutions. She has prepared and calculated various damages opinions, including: lost profits, reasonable royalties, unjust enrichment/disgorgement of profits, and corrective advertising. Nicole has been retained as an expert in multiple matters and has provided expert witness testimony.
Corporations, attorneys, and individuals have benefited from Nicole’s diverse and extensive knowledge of litigation issues, including economic damage calculations, pre-litigation assessments, settlement analyses, and business acumen.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicole worked for an international audit, tax and advisory firm and a regional accounting and consulting firm.
She has presented seminars on topics, including lost profits damages, patents, trademark, and copyright infringement damages and business interruption.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business." – Henry Ford
- Where did you grow up?
- Blue Bell, PA
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Boston College was life changing!
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I like to spend time with my husband, Greg, and my 2 sons, Matthew and Connor. We go to the zoo, museums, or hang around our home. We also like to travel.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I love to be part of a team of professionals at EisnerAmper, and also with the law firm and client. I love to roll up my sleeves and get involved in strategy planning and trial preparation.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I had an amazing accounting professor my freshman year at Boston College, who made T-accounts fun. He was a practicing CPA with his own firm and brought real world experience to an 18-year-old.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Travel agent
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Grey's Anatomy
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- VW Jetta – it was my first car. I still miss that car.