- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Royalty Audit & Contract Compliance
- Damages & Lost Profits Analysis
- Business Interruption
- Insurance Claims
- Insurance Litigation
- Post-Acquisition Disputes
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Boston College: BS, Finance & Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Nicole Zakowicz is a Director in the Financial Advisory Services Group. She has over 15 years of experience providing financial consulting and forensic accounting services to attorneys, public and private corporations, insurance companies, and governmental agencies. Nicole has provided consulting and litigation services for cases involving complex commercial damages, lost profits analyses, intellectual property infringements, economic damage calculations, and business interruption calculations. She has provided consulting and litigation services for clients in many industries, including pharmaceutical, medical device, health care, technology, manufacturing, consumer goods, and insurance.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicole worked for an international audit, tax and advisory firm and a regional accounting and consulting firm. She has presented seminars on topics including lost profits damages and patent, trademark, and copyright infringement damages.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business." – Henry Ford
- Where did you grow up?
- Blue Bell, PA
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Boston College was life changing!
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I like to spend time with my husband, Greg, and my 2 sons, Matthew and Connor. We go to the zoo, museums, or hang around our home. We also like to travel.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I love to be part of a team of professionals at EisnerAmper, and also with the law firm and client. I love to roll up my sleeves and get involved in strategy planning and trial preparation.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I had an amazing accounting professor my freshman year at Boston College, who made T-accounts fun. He was a practicing CPA with his own firm and brought real world experience to an 18-year-old.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Travel agent
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Grey's Anatomy
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- VW Jetta – it was my first car. I still miss that car.