- Tax Advisory Services
- Corporate Taxation
- Sports, Media & Entertainment
- ASC 740 (FAS 109)
- FIN 48
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- University of Texas at Austin: BS, Business; MBA, Tax
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants: Media & Sports Committee
- University of Texas Longhorn Alumni Marching Band
Murray Solomon is a Tax Partner with more than 25 years of experience in tax planning, the structuring of corporate transactions, and the treatment of sponsorship, licensing, and broadcasting agreements, with an emphasis on advising multinational public media and entertainment companies. Murray has also advised companies on international and state and local tax matters. His expertise includes ASC 740 (FAS 109) tax accounting, with significant experience preparing and reviewing tax provisions for SEC and privately-held companies. His tax accounting experience includes implementing FIN 48, FAS 123R and SOX 404.
A specialist in the sports industry, Murray has worked with the National Basketball Association, Major League Baseball, National Hockey League and numerous professional sports teams. He has experience in a wide range of industries, from international shipping to the music industry. Formerly, Murray was a Principal at a Big Four accounting firm, and most recently served as Senior Vice President of Tax for a large, publicly traded film, entertainment and publishing company.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Don't sweat the small stuff!
- Where did you grow up?
- San Antonio, Texas
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- I enjoyed the University of Texas for the great education I received both in the classroom and with great extracurricular activities such as marching in the Longhorn Band.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Traveling to foreign countries with my wife and two young daughters.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I love working with many different people and meeting new people all the time.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- A 1986 Nissan 300ZX, because it was the first car I bought and was super cool, at the time and even now.