- Partner, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
- Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
Marc Fogarty is an Audit Partner and National Biotech Sector Leader, within the firm’s Technology and Life Sciences Group. He is also a member of the Public Company Group with over 20 years of experience in public accounting, serving public and private organizations.
Marc assists his clients with business consulting, focusing on improving operational efficiency and profitability. He has significant experience in SEC compliance, initial public offerings, business combinations, equity based compensation and other equity instruments. Additionally, he is knowledgeable in the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, including internal controls over financial reporting. Marc has also been active in the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA) Peer Review Programs.
A frequent writer and speaker, Marc is involved with the internal educating of staff through EisnerAmper University, as well as having presented on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to various professional groups. Marc’s expertise on this topic led to his participation in an AICPA workshop focused on developing and reviewing questions on IFRS for inclusion in future CPA examinations.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Impossible is not a fact, it is an opinion.
- Where did you grow up?
- Holmdel, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- College was the time where I realized my actions could shape my future.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Running races with my wife and playing soccer with my kids.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Ensuring that the next generation of accountants stay connected to the profession.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- General contractor