- Audit & Assurance
- SEC Reporting
- PCAOB Compliance
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- University of Miami: BBA
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Arizona State Board of Accountancy
- Soref Jewish Community Center: Executive Board/Past President
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation, Board of Directors/Audit Committee
Joe Berkovits is an Audit Partner with over 35 years of public accounting experience and is the Leader of the firm's Audit and Assurance Services Practice for the South Florida offices. Joe has a broad range of experience in real estate both commercial and residential construction, technology, manufacturing and distribution, software, service related companies, health care, hospitality, broker-dealers, HUD compliant entities and employee benefit plans. His expertise encompasses audit, reviews, compilations, agreed upon procedures and business consulting.
Joe serves a wide range of private and publicly-held clients. He has assisted his publicly-held clients with all aspects of SEC reporting, compliance and filings and he has worked with clients with transactions such as private placements, reverse acquisitions and debt financings.
Joe has extensive experience in financial preparation including U.S. GAAP, International Financial Reporting (IFRS) and other comprehensive basis of accounting, agreed upon procedures and forecasts and projections. He has also presented on tax and accounting topics to various professional organizations.